Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Thanks!

I am so grateful for this season of giving! Everyday I am more inspired. Yesterday I went to Wal-mart to get the usual things. You know, diapers, wipes, milk, bread, mountain dew, etc. I had the two boys with me. Easton was trying to stand in the seat of the cart, even though he was buckled in as tight as it would go. Deegan was asking for everything he could see. I was a little flustered because the crowds were so big and we had to wait a long time. I finally got up to the cashier and began unloading my cart when I noticed that the cashier was all teary. I asked her is she was alright. She said she would let me know in a minute. She ran all my things through and then said someone gave her twenty dollars to put towards my groceries. I was very surprised! I looked around to see if it was anyone I knew. The cashier said she didn't know me and that she had already left. I started to get teary myself. Everyone is aware the hard times we are in and I was so stunned by an anonymous act of generosity. It wasn't my good attitude in taking care of my two hellions, or the smiles that I might have shared with a stranger. This was not one of those days! Despite that, someone unselfishly shared with me. Twenty dollars might not seem like that much - but Easton will be in diapers for another two weeks because of this gift. Now the challenge is to do something selfless for some other unsuspecting soul. Give thanks and give as much as you can!

2 comments:

Kara said...

What a great experience! I sure do love you and wish it was me who was able to give, but you have inspired me. I'm thankful for good friends like you!

M said...

What a wonderful moment. God is amazing and His angels are truly all around us.